- Do you ever feel like people take you for granted or don’t highlight your contributions or accomplishments?
- Do find yourself envying or being a bit jelly for what others are doing or have done?
- Do think you have to do more, more, MORE to catch up or be on the same level as others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these then you’re probably not very happy or at peace. Thus, my initial question, “If you don’t give yourself credit who will?” or better said “If you are not enough for yourself then you will never feel enough in measuring up to others.”
So what I’m posing is that you create a list of genuine-own-the-shit-out-of-it qualities that will be begin the process of validating who and what you already are. This a job only you can take up in this life. No one else can do your work for you.
A while back I wrote a post about validation and on the daily I hear so many people struggling with it. Just like it in sport, validation is a skill to be practiced daily and constantly. Validation changes the way we talk to ourselves which means we end up changing the way we talk to others. Validation doesn’t mean narcissistic, arrogant, rude or cocky, it’s means we can genuinely and open-heartedly accept ourselves for the uniquely genius beings that we are.
Make a commitment today to stop talking down to yourself and hiding your insecurity underneath the coat of “humility.” STOP thinking you are any less than someone else. NO, you are different, NOT less. No one under this green Earth is less than. So stop treating yourself like it. Your life is your real estate and you get to determine it’s value, and people will treat you as such.
For the next 40 days, create a list at the end of the night of 3 things you can validate about yourself that day. Also every morning, review the list 10 genuine-own-the-shit-out-of-it qualities. Here are mine:
- Energetic and always have been.
- Compassionate. Damn I feel everything and everyone ❤
- Ambitious, I know I can always get what I want if I work hard enough at it.
- Loyal. I am a ride or die. The people I love I will always have their back.
- Silly, I have a witty sense of humor so watch out when I get on a roll.
- Human jukebox! I (for the millennials, human Spotify player…I love music and have a song for every occasion). I LOVE MUSIC!
- Affectionate. My hubby and dog, Frida, are always getting smothered.
- Sharing. I am a huge sharer. What I know, what I have, and what I have been given I always want to do that for others.
- Creative. Ideas just blow out of my mind…
- Deeply reflective….I gets deep ya’ll. Bring the shovel if you come to hang with me:)
Okay so there is my list for the world to see…where is yours?
Keep shining and reaching for your peak genius peeps!
One thought on “If You Don’t Give Yourself Credit Then Who Will?”
Thank you for the encouraging moment…..I know I’m on the right track and you comfirmed it. Keep shining!