It has been an amazing year! 2012 has set me up to believe that the best is yet to come in 2013 for Team K & G!
For me, the year has been summed up as developing a deeper sense of trust and validation in myself – personally, professionally, and as an athlete and mental skills coach. There were so many high and low points. But I believe this year has taught me to be more present in the moment, even if it’s uncomfortable, because I understand that all moments are passing and each experience is eventually temporarily. Honestly, some were painful and were some pure joy. I have attempted to be present and aware with all the spectrum of experiences I have had this year. As far as highlights go here are a few that came to mind (no particular order):
- Celebrated 2 wonderful years of marriage to my hubby, best friend, soul mate, and teammate, Ken Petruzzelli.
- Our beloved Pumpkin made a trip to kitty heaven and we made peace with our decision.
- Fell in love with Masters Swimming and my swim team, Davis Aquatic Masters. This has been a Godsend, my morning meditation, and my fiercest competitor – just me and the water.
- PR’d Half-Ironman distance at Ironman Oceanside 70.3 with 13.1 run split of 1:36!
- Raced Wildflower Long Course for the 3rd year in a row (it never gets any easier but I keep coming back so I must be a masochist or really want my revenge on that damn run course)
- Officially launched Life With No Limits Mental Skills Coaching & Sport Psychology Consulting and have been working with the most amazing athletes with the mental toughness of steel and potential as high as the sky. Watch out!
- Got my USA Track and Field (USATF) Level 1 Coaching Certification.
- Made the cut, along with my husband, for the 2013 Wattie Ink. Elite Triathlon Team.
- Solidified friendships and made some new ones along the way. You know who you are 😉
- Ken’s stress fracture fully healed and got a clean bill of health from Dr. Cobb.
- Celebrated, virtually, the accomplishments of athletes I work with and support via Life With No Limits.
- Developed a Teflon Mindset in situations, and people, that involve drama and negativity.
- Accepted that even when friendships change the love will still remain.
2012 also came down to a theme of “Invest In Yourself.” All of the highlights that I shared grew out of a conscious effort on my part to be an active participant in my life through staying aware, engaged, and proactive. That is not to insinuate that it was easy (because it was not) but I believe, in the deepest sense that any desire of change for the better will work out for your highest good in the end. So I challenge you in 2013 to invest in yourself…
- Invest in changing old beliefs that no longer match and serve your deepest desires/goals.
- Invest in making better choices, even if there is a little pain or hurt associated with it. All change initially involves some level of discomfort. It’s okay. You will survive.
- Invest in watching free videos, reading material, and taking courses/classes that develop mastery in an area that you are really passionate about.
- Invest in thinking healthier thoughts by creating encouraging self-talk.
- Invest in congruence between your body, mind, and soul.
- Invest in taking a risk and going for it (in a healthy sense of the matter). Apply for that job, that team, that position, or with that person.
- Invest in “unprogramming” core beliefs that lead to a sense of inferiority and low self worth.
- Invest in setting healthy boundaries for yourself. It’s okay to recognize that you cannot do or be all things to everyone. Allow them to be all things to themselves by setting boundaries.
- Invest in your childlike spirit by dancing, singing, playing, and just having fun. Smile more and laugh as much as you can.
- Invest in taking stock of the people of your life. Build your team consisting of people that want to see you shine, support your goals, are not threatened by you and who encourage, love, and support you. All the others you can love from a distance.
- Lastly, invest in the belief that you have an amazing unlimited power to create the life that you desire. Your individuality is your wildcard. Use it to your advantage. When you improve, and invest in yourself everyone else in your life reaps the benefits too!
With that said…let’s get ready to rock 2013! There is nothing but good things coming our way! Keep on reaching for your peak and shine on my friends!
Thank you for taking your valuable time to read and support my blog in 2012. Hope to see you around in 2013.
All my best,