For your reading enjoyment, press play and read on…
How have you been good peoples?! How has the first 20 days of 2017 been treating you? Better yet, how have you been treating the first 20 days of 2017? Have you been sticking to those intentions? Have you taken the time to ask yourself…
- What activities am I choosing to do most?
- What things, people or places are consuming most of my time?
- How have I honored my intention each day?
There is no better time than the now to…
Here I am checking myself about my 2017 intention of “doing more shit that sets my soul on fire.” So far in these last 20 days of 2017 I have:
- Remained alcohol free! Today is day 31 of my commitment to remain booze free. This definitely sets my souls on fire because my is body healthy and I’ve noticed feeling different in my body, a good different. Try it for yourself…
- YOGA YOGA YOGA!!! I’ve practice more yoga and meditation daily and felt a renewed passion for it in my life. I ❤ yoga and it definitely sets my soul on fire! If you follow my IG then you know all about my yoga reflections and insights as they come.
- No structured triathlon training. This was a difficult choice for me because I love working with Marni and Karel of Trimarni Coaching and Nutrition, but I had to be real honest with myself regarding priorities and time management. A major priority, which demands flexibility with my time is work – creating, developing and implementing the student-athlete mental health and sport psychology services program at Sac State, along with Life With No Limits clients, trainings, etc. There was no way for me to be able to be 100% all-in and fully present in everything without compromising something. So at this time I choose to prioritize work. I’m at peace with my decision and it sets my soul on fire to know that I’m able to say “no” or rather “just not right now.”
- MY TRIBE!!! Big things are coming from my Sacramento crew and I can’t wait to create and manifest a community that will set the world on fire for healing, acceptance, self-love, adventure, travel, and growth straight from the SOUL! More to come in future from people that set my soul on fire!
- Minimalism and less stuff! In the last 20 days I have not really bought or “needed” anything new. What I really crave is gritty-authentic-soul-connections of realness and experience.
- Saying “yes” to more opportunities for connection, vulnerablity and offering (aka volunteering) my gifts. In that last week I’ve prepared five trainings for groups of 20-80 students. The topics/themes ranged from growth mindset, to goal setting and purpose, to radical self-care and recognizing triggers. Groups are so powerful and I am so blessed to have shared the space with young people who are facing the changing world with courage and bravery.
- Honoring where I am in the moment. This meme below pretty much sums it up 😉 Allowing myself to be in the funk or have a bad few days sets my soul on fire. It cultivates more self compassion for myself, BUT this goes counter to the self-help/improvement/motivational marketing programs that make people believe that they can make them selves persistently and perpetually happy and on a cloud of rainbows, and have a cute journal and matching planner to boot. I call bull$hit! In my 10 years of working with thousands of people all over the country I found that we MUST meet people where they are at and many times there is NOTHING WRONG and NOTHING TO FIX! People just want to know that they are seen and heard. Also, there is no quick fix, tools, or tips that makes DOING THE WORK easier.
- “#NOFILTER” sets my soul on fire! People shining in all their realness, doing them and unapologetically kicking azz in life….this includes dancing, oh and hip-hop!
That’s where I am at in the first 20 days of the New Year! I hope you all are creating the time of your life, and reminding yourself to not take life so seriously sometimes. Now go on with your bad self…
Mucho love and peace,